Last Effective Date: September 1, 2020
- You may use the website to learn about Fairstead’s properties and services.
- If you live in a Fairstead property, you may have access to an online account regarding your residence.
- Our Website may automatically collect certain information from you.
- You have the ability to control how certain information is collected and used, as described below.
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, or is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). Fairstead collects the following categories of personal information and has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months, for the following categories of purposes and from the following categories of sources, and Fairstead shares personal information with the following categories of third parties:
|Category||Examples||Purposes for Which Such Information Was Collected in the Preceding 12 Months or Will be Used||Categories of Sources From Which Personal Information Has Been Collected in the Preceding 12 Months or will be Collected||Categories of Third Parties With Whom the Website Shares or Sells Personal Information|
|Personal identifiers||Name, physical address, email address and similar information.||To allow us to contact you. To allow us and you to manage your account.||Directly from you when voluntarily provided by you to us, including but not limited to by registering on the Website, filling out a form or making an account. We may also receive information about you and your property from third parties who manage such properties.||Service providers that help operate the Website, manage properties, process payments and as otherwise described below.|
|Browsing activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with the Website.||To customize the Website, to analyze and improve use of the Website, develop analytics, for testing and research purposes and as otherwise described below.||Directly from your device by observing your actions on our Website. From third parties who collect such information on our Website, such as Google analytics.||Website providers, that help operate the Website, process your orders and as otherwise described below.|
|Payment details||Credit card or financial institution payment information.||To process payments related to your property through any account provided.||Directly from you through any account provided.||Service providers that help manage properties, process payments and as otherwise described below.|
|Employment information||Employment history and biographical information.||To consider and process an inquiry or application for employment.||Directly from you through the Website.||Service providers that help process employment matters.|
Cookies and Similar Methods
Based on your web browser, you have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the services. Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your Information
- To operate and provide you with the Website;
- To provide you with information that you request from us or to send you information about our properties and services, such as through newsletters;
- To manage our properties, your account and your residence;
- To fulfill orders you place with us and manage your account;
- To analyze and improve the Website; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of your Information
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to help operate the Website and process payments and manage the properties. However, such parties are only authorized by us to use the information for the benefit of us;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information held by Fairstead about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any lawful government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions[KS1] , policies or investigate fraud; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fairstead, our users or third parties.
Browsing Information may be disclosed to any number of third parties and used for any number of purposes as long as it is not directly linked to your personally identifiable information.
Links to other Sites and Social Media Services
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed for us to manage and provide our services and for our business needs. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use de-identified or aggregate data previously collected.
- You may opt-out of our promotion emails at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, and we will process your request shortly.
- You may block third party cookies on your device as described above.
- If you are a California resident, you have certain additional rights described below.
We take the security of our data and information seriously. We take what we believe are reasonable precautions to protect against unauthorized access to our systems and to prevent data from being disclosed to unauthorized parties. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Our Website is not intended for users under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any personal information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold
If you are a resident of California and subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) or have similar rights by law in your jurisdiction, you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure or sale of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Deletion and Opt-out Rights), and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information to you.
You have the right to request any or all of the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
2. Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Deletion and Opt-out Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records. However, we may retain personal information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to perform certain actions, such as detecting security incidents and protecting us from illegal activity.
3. No Sale of Personal Information
We do not ‘sell’ your personal information, as that term sell is defined under the CCPA.
4. Exercising Access, Deletion and Opt-out Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by either:
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Calling us at (212) 798-4080
The request should include your contact information and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. In addition, you should provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected the personal information. If you use an authorized agent to make request, you must provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and we may require that you verify your identity directly with us. In order to protect the security of your personal information, we will not honor a request if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. The method used to verify your identity will vary depending on the nature of the request. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising any of your privacy rights.
United States of America